Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Lamentations of C. Joseph Michael (in the fashion of T.S. Elliot) -revised-

He walks the streets in sturdy strides

and keeps his hands upon his sides

a journey of a normal day

of blurs that pass from way to way

his legs turn left, and then a right

then sunshine, that of morning light

he hurries forward, time is fast

but then the hook of those things past

Snow White incarnate then calls my name

the call, warmth of the hearthen flame

though to me she has none a blame

I fear I do not feel the same

And time then stops as names are called

as fears of past wounds he recalled

but not to her a word was said

of wounds or of his heart left dead

he smiles, and waves to say goodbye

though deep inside, a need to cry

has swelled within his heart of glass

and bade her memory cease to pass

Snow White incarnate then calls my name

the call, warmth of the hearthen flame

though to me she has none a blame

I fear I do not feel the same

And on he walks upon his way

his hands upon his sides do stay

with strength to gain from each strong stride

he nods his head, hurt will subside

he reaches then the destined door

he knocks, and opens then once more

inside he peers so he may see

if friends are there, but should not be

Orbs that shatter on the felt

of wasting life, of hearts that melt

of idle time, and loss of guilt

and slipping of young minds to silt

There they are, those who waste time

those who now treat him as a mime

who once were friends, but sunk too fast

simmilarities don't seem to last

they live now in selfish vice

and he in his sorrow cannot suffice

as friend, for friends to them clash orbs as well

and he cannot, and never will

Orbs that shatter on the felt

of wasting life, of hearts that melt

of idle time, and loss of guilt

and slipping of young minds to silt

A million friends they have since made

but he who has since been layed

aside for those who have more use

his heart could take no more abuse

he walks away as he does well

and a need to cry begins to swell

again, who likes to lose a friend

has friendship reached its hollowed end

The end is reached, this I must say

but I too must go way to way

for I, a blur to you, in dismay

must say goodbye. I cannot stay.

No comments: