I finally got through 3 chapters of the overly planned underdeveloped "Epic of Apathy." It's been perc-ing in my head for 2 years now, but it's only been now that I was able to actually write down a piece (2 chapters!) The 21 chapter outline has been done for months, and the only real problem was filling in the spaces between each mark. I needed to write the damn thing... 2 chapters is short, and I plan on rewriting chapter 1, but at Ieast I started it. I WILL finish this book. This will be my prize. If you want a sneak peek into the writing, look for my blog posts with "apathy" or "epic" in the tag section. I just decided on Gael as main character tonight... it was either Gael or Mikio... I came up with those names months ago... yet I only decided now... Basic plot is Gael meets 3 problematics. Gael falls in love. Gael opens up. Gael's love is god. Gael searches for god's realm. Gael finds old gods. Gael on persistence, love, and doubt. Gael reads the writings on the wall. Gael rides the furry pink dragon. Gael finds his old god. Gael learns apathy.
Title:
The Epic of Apathy
Characters:
Gael - Anna - Jonathan - Amadeo - Abuel - Maria
Outline:
Chapter 1- Epic (summary in bullet form)
- the courage to wake
- awaken to the call of a sun beam
- numbness of fear, understanding
- apology to self for living (living as suicide)
- force of step
- silence and calm are not synonymous
- sunlight is a cage
Chapter 2- Gael
- wind on sandaled feet
- to face the risen sun
- the intersection of Abuel
- The eyes of gods
- god's never look down
- the pub, and anguish of lost youth
- a smile at others' sorrow
- depravity of the middle class
- the station: calm in chaos
- siren's wail
Chapter 3- The Narrative of Jonathan
- only we understand the god's realm
- we are bound by the very values that keep them alive
- The artist as artist
- art as a rose
- the artist's story
- the station as concrete
Others are still under process of revision/ rethinking...
You can read this because I ask you to help me make it... I'll post the stuff... you critique, edit etc.... pleassseeeee :D
No comments:
Post a Comment