Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Hotdog Bite

So anyway... I'm supposed to be a newly awakened vegan or some such hippie drivel right? At least for just a month. No meat, except for fish, and no oily stuff either. If ever, olive oil's the limit. It's self imposed change that's meant to test my "Office of Willpower" or some such psych nonsense. A bit of history though... I thought of the idea of going vegan when I saw a shrimp cannibalizing a fellow shrimp, in a shrimp tank, in a supermarket. They began fighting, then one shrimp started biting the other, and 30 minutes later, the other shrimp's head was decapitated, and the fleshy insides of the dead shrimp were being feasted upon by the other shrimps. That was disgusting. Then I said "why not go vegan eh?" I then did my nutrition research, and found the next best thing to vegan: Pesci-Vegetarianism, which is basically veggies and fish. Normal vegetarianism involves too many nutritional supplements and proper diet planning for me to actually have time for, so at least by doing the pesci variation, all I need are B complex supplements! I don't expect to lose weight, and I don't really care if I do. It's a psychological challenge, not a physical one. Although my Philo teacher would rebutt that in 2, maybe 3 arguments... anyway... back to the original topic of the post. It's day 4 of my Pesci crap, and my mom woke me up early. I stagger to the breakfast table and grab the hotdog on my plate. I take a bite. I chew and swallow. My eyes widen and I realize I just victimized a helpless pig. I stare at the bitten hotdog for a few seconds. I raise my plate and hand it to my mom, and she says "Oh, I forgot too." I excuse myself, enter my Grandfather's room, and hover on the idea of Bulemia for a second. I decide that vomiting the hotdog peice wouldn't change the fact that I just ate a pig's... something. I'm disgusted at myself, and I want to scream. Then I think to myself, "Mickey, you're such a... DRAMA QUEEN! Bakla ka ba!?!?! iiyakan mo ang tirang tapong laman ng baboy!? Bayot amp*ta." Loosely translated, I told myself to f*ck off the hotdog bite. So there... I broke my vegan-ness already, but if God can forgive ignorance and acts done without cognitive consent, then maybe the lords of veganism can forgive me too. So there. DAY 5, HERE I COME!!! If I can stand the diet 'till Christmas, I'll continue another month, then possible extensions may arise in the future...

No comments: