Wednesday, November 07, 2007

PSt11 F 1800-2100 SECLEC A Baldemor, Leandro E 10 6

note: This is how all the repressed sexual energy manifests itself. It's sublimation in one of it's best forms. This is a pun btw, just making sure none of you prudes take it seriously.

PSt11 Introduction to Provocation in Still Photography

Maybe it wasn't one of my best Ideas. I needed an elective, and the Communications department had only this class available for electives. It's a photography elective, just as I had hoped to get, but when I discovered that Leandro Baldemor was to teach the class, I started to doubt my choice.

PSt11 F 1800-2100 SECLEC A Baldemor, Leandro E 10 6

The class was from 6 in the evening to 9 at night. How were we supposed to study Photography without sunlight? The Comm. department secretary told me that it was a very practical class, dealing more with actual film work than the theoretical study of it. I then assumed that most of our photography work would be done on our own time, with sir Baldemor to critique and give tips on photography during class time. What degree of skill does Leandro Baldemor have in Photography anyway? The first day of PSt11 class finally arrived. I had been waiting patiently in a nearby coffee house, anxious for my photography class to start. I entered the lecture hall, and saw that there were only 5 of us in the room. It was odd when I thought about it, that our class was given the biggest lecture hall in the university, but according to the class description, it was limited to only 10 students a semester. What an extremely extravagant waste of space. Leandro Baldemor then entered the room. "Good evening class, welcome to PSt11 Introduction to Provocation in Still Photography, or as it is more widely called, Porn Star 101. I am Mr. Leandro Baldemor. You may know me from a number of films I did under Seiko Films. I will be your instructor for this semester. Over the course of 13 weeks we will tackle the hows and whys of posing for porn shots. Each of you students will learn all the skills necessary to be excellent red light thespians. This course is very practical. We will have photo shoots every week, at the last two hours of each class. The first hour will be spent critiquing last week's work via a focused group discussion, and also discussing a light theoretical subject related to the course. At the end of the semester, each student should have compiled 13 works of pornographic art. This is to be your portfolio. This course is a prerequisite to PSt12 Introduction to Provocation in Short Films. Consultation hours are by appointment, and during Saturdays from 10A.M.-12P.M. in the set of GMA's Marimar. Are there any questions?" I was dumbfounded.

No comments: