Sunday, October 01, 2006

Four Days of Fasting

It's been four days without electricity... anyway... what has happened in those four days... It has been a while since I have updated, but let me say that today would be the perfect time to start updating...

Wednesday

My day went by uneventful, except that after my last class, I spent an hour under the freezing rain, waiting for a taxi to bring me to gateway. I needed to buy chocolates for the Ice Cream making activity we were going to have in Chemlab (Ch8). On the way to gateway, I caught wind of the news that there were no classes the next day. I bought chocolates anyway... since if ever there really were no classes... at least I'd have myself some chocolate. I wanted to watch "Twilight Dancers" while I was there, but the movie schedule just didn't fit mine... I ride the LRT2-LRT home, and affirm that there are no classes the next day... I eat my chocolate, then sleep.

Thursday

I wake up, and the wind is howling like crazy... I spent the morning panicking over the loss of electricity... I spent the afternoon cursing meralco... and eating the remainder of my chocolate...

Friday

We went to my cousin's house in Marikina (bordering on QC). The way there was COOL!!!!!! All those fallen trees... There was even this fallen bilboard which destroyed the top floor of the Honda building along EDSA... I can just imagine how much devastation there was... I wished that the stupid TV-bilboard of Makati (the one that's too bright) had been devastated by storm... but it stood as bright and annoying as ever... (FuYu BINAY!!!!) We practically spent the day bumming out there, although electricity was out as well... That evening, I had decided to stay over at their house, since I had a required movie to watch in the Ateneo the next day. My cousins taught me how to play poker... Sleeping there was a big mistake... although I got to spend a LOT of quality time with my cuzzies, and I did enjoy every waking moment of my stay there... I COULDN'T SLEEP A WINK! I slept at 430... woke up at 700... anyway... It was fun...

Saturday

Still no damn light... Ate Gayl brought me to the Ateneo that morning... It was really sad in the Ateneo... all those poor trees... there were branches everywhere!!! It was a battlefield post-battle. My english class watched "The Piano Teacher" as per our class movie critique assignment. The film was wonderful! It was an accurate psychological profile of a BDSM lover... As my professor said, although nothing vulgar was seen, the dialouge and the insinuated scenes gave shivers down... something... The acting was superb as well... There is no doubt the main actors, who played the main characters, won the best actor and actress award at the 2001 Cannes. After the movie, I walked around and saw hundreds of people in Ateneo shirts, or wearing Ateneo hats, getting ready for the game at 400 PM. Instead of watching though, I decided to go back to my cousins' house. Ate Aisa brought me to shopwise to buy undies, since mom ran out of gas, and there was no diesel in any of the gas stations near the house. That meant I had to stay another day in my cousins' house... also since the LRT wasn't working. That evening... I discovered that the LRT was working... so I decided to go home... my uncle forced my twin cousins to bring me home... I told them to drop me off at Gateway instead, so they could just continue on to Eastwood. It was embarassing to have them bring me home yet, since they had some of their LSGH friends with them in the car... It was then I found out what boy's nights out are like... I have never been in a car with only teenage boys inside, so this was a first... It was fun... and boisterous... full of rap... RnB... classical?! My cousins and their friends have a refined taste... anyway... I got home safely... and... THERE WAS STILL NO ELECTRICITY!!!! DAMN MERALCO!!!!!

Sunday

nothing much... skipped mass... got electricity back... am happy... :p kudos guys...

No comments: