I just had one of those serendipitous moments in the rain today. I've had my share of them, sure, but none seem to be as serendipitous as I could have hoped. Take into account this instance. Remember that however I may act, I still do have a Y chromosome. Screw the bipolar view of sexual orientation. We were both running in the rain. What were the chances that we both ran into each other in the middle of University Drive, me on my way out towards gate 3, and she on ther way into campus grounds. Both of us alone together. There we were, soaking wet, both without umbrellas. I literaly ran into her. She lost her balance. I apologized, we smiled, laughed, and then ran our separate ways. All I need to do now is stalk her, the find out she has a boyfriend. Am I not allowed to have a bit of courage? Am I not bearry cute? (Awuchu, I'm sure even to YOU dear reader, I'm "cute" to some extent.) That was odd. Forgive me. I believe I have watched too many reruns of classic gut wrenching, tearjerking, lovefests. Maybe it's time to give the illusion up for something more substantial. Do I take step one? There comes a time where you're sick of watching the mobile dangle above you, and you decide to stand up and reach for it. Screw the past. Step one, here I come... Maybe.
Fiction or nonfiction? You decide.
No comments:
Post a Comment