Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Sigwa: Sa Pagkwento Ni Haring Habagat

I rode a taxi to school today as a sort of break from yesterday's basang basa sa ulan fiasco (I left school at 7:10 and arrived home at 9:30... that rain sucked). I was in Sta. Mesa, in front of SM Centerpoint, waiting for a taxi. A couple beside me was also waiting for a taxi. They finally got a taxi, and I had to wait about 10 minutes more. I got the same taxi they got. I asked the driver how he came back so quickly. He said, "ah, malapit lang yung pinuntahan ng dalawang lovers. nag checkin lang pala sila sa motel dun sa likod. May Sogo naman doon sa tabi nila kanina, bakit di nalang sila nagpunta doon? sarap nun no?" All I needed to know was that their destination was closeby. His commentary on motels and the pleasure one gets from entering a motel with a lover was unneccessary.

I then proceeded to read my book (Use of Pleasure by Michel Foucault) and a few minutes into the ride, the driver asked me, "Ateneo ka ba?" I had told him that my destination was Katipunan, so I guess he saw the thick book and yellow highlighter and put two and two together. I of course answered "yes," and he proceeded with the questioning that usually came with the discovery of an Atenean. Question one, "Ano course mo, sex?" I was reading the chapter on aphrodesia, and the detailing of pleasure, and he might have peeked a look-see at the text. That wasn't the point though, it's just weird that he would think I took up sex as a major. I would be a Bachelor of Science, major in Sex. I answered that I took Psychology, and that the reading was for one of my classes. Question two, "magkano tuition niyo?" As inappropriate a question as that was, I truthfully answered that I did not know. Question three, "kilala mo si *insert name of basetball player*?"

A few minutes later, we began listening to Monster Radio's Morning Rush with Chico and Delamar. They started talking about underwear. Then at a momentary disgust induced lull, the driver says, "Atenista din yata sila," I of course don't think so, but the clincher statement is, "Sex din yata sila." OMG!!!! I wanted to laugh out loud. Another weird thing, the driver has a valet pass from Embassy (Superclub!) on the dashboard. Manong likes to party :p. Well, in fairness he must be in his late twenties at most.

No comments: