I have a sort of Outreach idea that I want to pitch to you guys...
basically it's an english mentoring program between public and private schools...
It involves Grade 6 kids from public schools and 4th year high kids frm Private schools.
Gr. 6 kids will write weekly english language letters to HS4 kids... HS4 kids correct grammar, spelling, etc. and return corrected piece along with a reply. There's a holistic plan as to what they have to learn about their corresponder througout the program (1 year?).
The Gr. 6 kids learn English, and the HS4 kids learn the social reality of poverty (in greater detail) it's win win for everyone.
Well... I plan to start this up soon... I need partners and co planners... I was thinking we could start in 2 Private schools and 2 Public schools... I was thinking CSA and MCS (Talits...) What initially needs to be done is to talk to the Principals and CLE coordinators of the Private schools and pitch them the idea... then to talk to Public school principals and superintendents to have them agree... I was thinking free paper and pens for the classes (Public) that involve themselves?
We can always get sponsors and or go for donation drives... or we could scrap the free paper pens... anyway... its just an idea that needs editing and stuff from you guys... You guys willing to join in the fun? It's for a great cause :). Plus most of you are still bums anyway >:)
No comments:
Post a Comment