Monday, January 19, 2009

Med Specialty Aptitude Test (A Kiddy Pre Med View)

Here are my results for the med specialty aptitude test, from the University of Virginia Health System website.
I will do as Sanny did. In bold are my preferences.

Pediatrics does seem the perfect choice. I like kids (although kids are afraid of me) and I like dealing with parents. Oncology is my emo choice. I would choose this for the finality and strong sense of mortality, vis-a-vis the slight sliver of hope. I like dealing with people. I like patients. I like being a part of their lives. That's probably why radiation oncology's there as well. Psychiatry I'm unsure of as I may lack the objectivism and skill of distancing myself from patients. I guess if ever I go through with med, It'll be for the stories I can gather, whether hopeful, dire, impossible, or simple. I like shaping people's stories. I'm not in med YET, but hopefully my ideas and beliefs don't change.
Rank Specialty Score
1 pediatrics 45
2 med oncology 44
3 hematology 43
4 radiation oncology 43
5 rheumatology 42
6 general internal med 42
7 dermatology 42
8 physical med & rehabilitation 42
9 obstetrics/gynecology 42
10 occupational med 42
11 family practice 41
12 emergency med 41
13 endocrinology 40
14 colon & rectal surgery 40
15 anesthesiology 40
16 orthopaedic surgery 40
17 ophthalmology 40
18 plastic surgery 39
19 psychiatry 39
20 pulmonology 39
21 otolaryngology 39
22 gastroenterology 39
23 infectious disease 38
24 nephrology 38
25 cardiology 38
26 urology 38
27 general surgery 38
28 radiology 38
29 pathology 38
30 nuclear med 38
31 allergy & immunology 37
32 neurosurgery 37
33 preventive med 36
34 aerospace med 35
35 neurology 35
36 thoracic surgery 34

No comments: