He died this morning... He lasted the night... I was in Rob when in happened... I found out only when my Stat102 class was about to start... I left my stat room, found an empty room, and cried for 10 minutes... He may never be anything more than a stupid cat to you guys... but he knew of something that none of you knew... he knew how to make me happy. He could do no wrong to me. Every step of his was a blessing to me, and every sound uttered seemed to lessen the load of everyday life. He used to lie always at the foot of my bed, and I grew accustomed to his prescence... Who now is to fill the void at my feet? He would always come whenever I called him. He would run towards me as I would shout "Arche!" He answered only to me. He made me feel special... Whenever I had a problem, I would just take him in my arms... and as he would fall asleep, purring... I felt a sense of hope come about me... He was the perfect listener... He never left my side... and he was genuinely happy to see me for whatever reason... I gave him all he needed... and in return, he gave all he could give... his obedience, his attention, and his prescence... He was a smart cat. He sat like a human being. He made excuses for previous bahaviour. He would take revenge on those who hut him... (Poo on their beds... even mine.) All he did whether good or bad, I took as God's gift... He was perfect... the perfect cat... maybe that's why God took him... maybe he was too good for me... I thank God, and Arche for 7 years of happiness... you will always be beloved to me. You never said a word, yet your actions were what kept me happy all along... I thank God for you.
All the voices of the wind
Every dream that reaches out
That reaches out to find where love begins
Every word of every story
Every corner of creation lives to testify
For as long as I shall live
I'll be a witness in the silences
When words are not enough
I will give thanks to God above
For as long as I shall live
From the mountains to the valleys
From the rivers to the seas
Every hand that reaches out
Every hand that reaches out to offer peace
Every simple act of mercy
Every step to kingdom come
All the hope in every heart will speak
For as long as I shall live
I will testify to love
I'll be a witness in the silences
When words are not enough
With every breath I take
I will give thanks to God above
For as long as I shall live
"Testify to Love" by Avalon... featured in my favourite episode of "Touched by an Angel." It was about a boy who died, and a mother who had an unfinished song... and at the boys final moments... she finished this song, and sang it to his dying son... who then died... since his mission was done... Your mission Arche, was me... I guess you're done... I miss you already, but if God wills it... Thank You...
1 comment:
aww.. condolence... :(
Post a Comment