Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Semesteral Post of Gratitude

The Academe:

Mr. David Puen: Thank you for allowing me a chance to relive my only sporting passion...even if for only a brief period in time. I learned most importantly under your arm that not all passions are to be actively lived out, and that my passion would only add to the mediocrity that need not be fostered.

Mr. Renan Prado: I was afraid of you. I could not even approach you. I respected you the most. Thank you for your passion. You may love the language you teach, but with you, I learned that what makes a good teacher isn't that they are passionate about what they teach; but rather, they are passionate about who they teach. It isn't just about the course content. It's more importantly about people.

Mrs. Gilda Lopez: Your patience above all else should be commended. Thank you for all the chances. You understand the need of time.

Mr. Andrew Soh: You revealed to me the errors of my past as a thinker. Thank you for all the discoveries I had encountered in your class. With you I learned the most I had ever in a 3 unit class. Most importantly I learned from you that my being is not mine alone. It belongs to no one, and thusly be used for everyone's benefit.

Dr. Manuel Cuenca: "What I hoped you've learned over the past sem is the skills needed to survive in the real world. Harkwork, and taking responsibility are all I hope you will remember from taking this class." Thank You.

Mr. Weevens Ty: Scrutiny and a sense of Obsessive-Compulsion in our research is the most useful trait I have learned from you. From you I have learned all I have to know to survive the life of paperwork that lies ahead of me. You gave me a flashlight, in a cave with no light.

The Ateneans:

Drew, Mark, and the Tennis people: I would like to thank you all as well, because you indulged my competitiveness. You guys made a semester of Tennis worthwhile.

The Senior AB EU students in Spanish Class: Thank you for guiding me step by step through every lesson I didn't understand. You guys will make perfect diplomats someday.

Lis, Dee, Daph, Kurt, Dan, Erica, Crissy, and Luigi: I was a stat prat, and I know it. You guys kept me sane and functioning all through my 4th stat class. Thanks to those who opened up, and shared my paranoia, and also, thanks for being such a cool seatmate Lis. Thanks everyone also for supporting me even through my hazy times... I learned a bit about responsibility because of you all, and I also learned that chances are important.

Ael, Aries, and my other Ph101 neighbors: Aries, thanks for indulging my insanity. Thanks also to my neighbors for the mini discussions, and for answering my clarificatory questions. Discussions are best done with multiple persons.

Xans, Xan's boys, and the 60 other Physiopsych people: Thanks for sharing my grief :p We'll get through this. We worked our best. We learned that not all can be geniuses.

Tet, Patrick, DJ, and all the other Expep classmates: We weren't all that close because as a class we were required to separate into multiple independent groups (nyer...) but I could tell you guys had fun :) Sorry to Tet and Patrick for my lateness in most cases. I learned from you guys that Psychology is more than just theories and therapy. Psychology is life.

No comments: