Saturday, March 15, 2008
This May Be Where I End Up After All
Okay... this may be the most impulsive decision I have made, but I decided to shift minors from English Lit. to (can you believe it) Theology. I know... but then when I asked the department if I could sign up, the secretary looked at me funny and said, "there is no Theology minor." Bummer right? then she said... "if you really want to continue on taking Theology units though, you can use your electives to take Theology major courses on New and OId Testament study." I of course wasn't much for scripture... I'm actually a Church Tradition/Magisterium study sort of guy... so I said no thanks... Then she said, "hmm... if you'd like, I could have you cross enroll with the LOYOLA SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY. They have some very interesting courses available for the masteral level. You could take some of those. How many would you like to take?" I blurted out "FIVE!" although a minor only takes 4 extra subjects >.< now all I need to do is get my department's approval (Psych dept.) and I can take Theo units in LST! OH MY GOD!!!!!! God is good. I hope everything goes well... With Theo units from LST under my belt, maybe I can be accepted as a CLE teacher in CSA or any other Private Catholic High School... then I can take my masteral under the Ateneo FIRE: MA Religious Education program... which they only offer during summers... that why I have to work in a school to be able to support myself post grad... I pray... I pray... I WANT TO DO THIS. If I can take the Theo units in LST... maybe I can make my BC and FU applications better too..... PLEASE... May God's love guide hearts that I may be what I must be; whatever I must be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment