Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Piniritong Kamote

Hey... Atenean day 2... anyway... I couldn't help but notice how totally different Atean life is from La Sallian life. The obvious differences are there, there's the Lingua Franca, which is English in Ateneo and seemingly Taglish (or Enggalog?) in La Salle. There's also the fact that in La Salle, people were more... uncivilized. (Still mad at the Eng boys for being soooo KAPAL.) It's not that La Sallians have no manners, rather they have a great amount, even more than FEU, but as from what I have experienced so far, Ateneans seem more dignified... they have that certain gene se qua (naks fave word)or maybe I'm just biased because I'm adjusting pretty well (better than back in DLS.) Don't worry though, I still love you guys (LS peeps) and will forever cherish the values of Religio, Mores, and Cultura. (ANo yon!?!?) Speaking of Cultura, my professor in Socio-Anthro said something about "Piniritong Kamote." I was so shocked to hear that... "Piniritong Kamote." I don't know why, maybe it's a culural thing or a sort of "getting used to the word" thing. I'm used to the word Camoteque (is that a word?) or Kamote fries, so Piniritong Kamote sounds alien to me. How was all that conected to Cultura? I have no idea... cultural differences? Also on cultural differences... (back to the DLSU Ateneo thing) I noticed that even in such a prestigious (and proud) university such as the Ateneo, people still like drawing phalluses on their tables and chairs... What's a phallus? Titi! Gago! TITI!!!! anyway... but there's a difference here... the inscription on my desk (not by me) is of a phallus, and the words... "You to me are everything, the sweetest song that I can sing." That was freaky... Poetic pagkakalibog. It's really conyotique Filipino when you look at it... the phallic symbol is a Filipino classic, when it comes to vandalizing your chair, but adding a poem (or was it a song?) dedicated to the Phallus... in ENGLISH! Thats a whole new, not in La Salle sort of level. Back to the point of graffitti, aside from the phallus, another figure which seems to be popularly drawn (on tables) is the figure of a sad emo person... or sadako... or the grudge kid... or........ Chinchan? wtf... big words and names of organizations seem to be a popular form of graffitti. (lagot ka ADS...) Jump topic! Back to something related to the phallus... the toilet bowl. I finally feel I belong here, and would you like to know why? THEY FLUSH!!!! People actually flush the toilet! They do! I'm SO HAPPY!!!!! I belong here! I love this place... so far :D and I an finally say what I have wanted to say for so long... "Padrawing nman sa upuan o." "Titi mo!" HAHAHAHA!!! don't mind me... I'm weirder... now... more than ever... sorry nga pala kina Fionna at Talitha that I wasn't able to go yesterday :( nakatulog ako e.... sowee....

No comments: