~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am ageless,
like the water that brings life,
like the air that serves breath,
like the earth that holds firm,
like the fire that consumes all.
I am all these things.
I am eternal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am ageless,
as my hand is cast in stone,
or passed on through by ink,
or by sweet songs that bards do sing,
or purely by virtue of my name.
I am by my hands.
I am eternal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still now my world is full of song, but i do not sing along, for though the music fills the air, my mind is lost out there somewhere.
Patience, what is it but a virtue begotten from the suffering of unending pains. It is at the point where you find that there is no more hope to hold on to that Patience settles in.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~God, if I could ask just one last favor
make this second last forever
a blissful dream that never ends
this second with a special friend
afraid to go on...
need to move forward...
it takes a lot of courage to wake up each day to face what's there to face...
and some days are harder than others...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daphne,
are you in these woods?
I know your pain of loving
a god.
It's more the longing
than the curse.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I imagine that Cupid would be like him.
If Cupid were a porn star.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gaiel,
It is hardest, when all you exist to do is to embody beauty in words. It is a life graced with the gift of finding awe in all things, but the virtue you live to embody is the very thing that demands your full devotion, chaining you eternally to it's bosom. Then when you find love, as I did, it is only at the moment you decide to give up everything that you discover that the chains that bind you are beyond your capability to emancipate from. No man who gives his all can sever himself fully from the object of devotion. That is beauty's curse.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Gaiel, what is it you wish for most?
To sacrifice your empathy?
You deny your very existence.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gaiel, 'tis time to end.I am ageless.
I am dust that falls upon the earth.
I am carved upon these stones.
I am to lay upon a severed plane.
I am by virtue of my name.
I of the world.
I am eternal.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am to live eternity.
By force to live in apathy.
My mind, does love; my body, not.
My soul, to long; my heart, to stop.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gaiel, what is the tragedy of your time?
That of death. What of the soft hands that held mine, or of the hair that grazed my skin with warmth and flowing grace?
They are testimonies. They serve as a reminder of things long gone.
If I was not so naive... If I had only tried to remember or even tried to take a second to recollect, I would not have just stood there. I would not have handled the carcass, emotionless, disgusted at the thing, as it was filthy, infested, and rotting. I would have taken it in my arms, and I would relive every sensation, and recall every memory. I would feel the palms that held me, and brought me warmth. I would feel the hair brush on my skin one last time. I would hold our bodies close, one shell against another, and find one last stir of warmth. Only for that moment, it is not just a shell.
What is the tragedy of your time?
I found love as she died in my arms.
No comments:
Post a Comment