First musical orgasm in years.
Okay, I was in the cafeteria today reading my Dao De Jing, when a group of people near the main concession just suddenly burst out in song. Things like that seem to happen a lot in tene... dancers, cheerleaders, choirs, people in kimonos, and dancing men in bear suits. Anyway, I, in my black t-shirt with the image of a man with an excessive number of piercings that glow in the dark, was exuding a rocker 'don't talk to me' image today, and I was keeping in antisocial character. I was eating lunch alone in a six seater table when the choir started singing. Freudianly enough, I smiled like an idiot, clapped my hands twice and ran towards the concession to listen to the choir sing. They finished their first song, which was some kundiman sort of thing, and they began their second song 'Go the Distance' from Disney's 'Hercules'. There I was in rocker clothes, with the matching chucks and wrist binders again looking like a total retard, the only one singing along with the choir. Again, that was soooooo veerrrrryyyy Freudian. When they stopped singing, they thanked the listeners and turned to their conductor, who surprisingly enough was our old High School CSA Chorale Conductor Mr. Tan! I was shocked to highest high to see him again. Anyway, I said hi when he passed me by, and he returned my greeting. After he left, it was only then I realized how idiotic I must have looked to those around me buying food in the concession, having some random fat guy in a rocker outfit singing Disney songs with a stupid grin on his face, clapping like an idiot.
Lesson learned:
Freud says that my unconscious says that I still have choir itch. I want to sing again.
Short term goal:
Get my voice back in condition by vocalizing and eating/drinking only choir prescribed diet.
Audition for the ACGC this June.
Make new friends.
Choirs are more than exclusive social groups. Although they can be very discriminative and reclusive, the social bonds formed, and the fact that you get to share your love for belting out with others make all the negative aspects null.
No comments:
Post a Comment